Taylor @ Taylor Reads Books kindly left her award open for her followers to answer her questions and I decided to give it a go. So thank you Taylor!
What does the word Liebster mean? Liebster is German for sweet, favorite and dearest. (aww).
The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers. It helps to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world!
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award.
4. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
5. Give them 11 questions of your own.
1. E-books vs. Physical Books
It all depends on the situation. I love the feel of a physical book, but if I’m travelling, then I always take along my Nook/Kindle (I’ve recently switched ereaders) as it saves space.
2. Do you like to sniff books? (It’s not weird at all!)
I agree, it’s not weird. There’s something about the smell of an old book. Maybe it’s a comfort thing like an old teddy bear or blanket. Unless this is a trick question, then my answer would be ‘no I never sniff books’. lol.
3. Do you or would you listen to Audiobooks?
I’ve never listened to an Audiobook. I’m not sure I would like it, as I like to read at my own pace and if I didn’t like the narrator then I’d probably tune out and miss most of it.
4. Pitch Perfect or Mean Girls?
Mean Girls all the way. If you don’t agree then…
5. Have you ever met an author? If so, who?
I met Clive Barker years ago and he signed my copy of The Thief Of Always. My watch broke that day and I almost missed the last bus home. lol
6. Favorite Disney Princess
I’m not really into Princesses, but I’ll say Jasmine as she’s a classic.
7. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to drive my own ice cream truck when I was a kid. I grew out of it when I realised I wouldn’t be able to eat all of the ice cream myself though. lol.
8. What book are you most looking forward to this year?
I love the idea of Replica by Lauren Oliver, where you can read it different ways. It’s told from the perspective of 2 different characters and you can either read their stories separately or alternate a chapter of each at a time.
9. Do you have any pets? If so what.
No. I used to have a goldfish called Jaws. lol. I have allergies, so can’t have anything furry.
10. Are you looking forward to the Olympics next month?
I’m not a huge sports fan, but I might catch the odd thing to cheer people on.
11. If you were to write a book what genre would you choose?
I love crime and thriller books, so I’d say either of those. I like something with a good twist.
- If you could live in any fictional town, which would it be?
- Which fictional character would you most like to meet?
- Which book would you like to see made into a movie, and who would play the main characters?
- Do you have any ‘must buy’ authors or do you always check the synopsis before buying?
- If you eat out, do you always order a trusty favourite or do you spend ages looking through the menu?
- If you could be a character in a book, which genre would you want it to be in?
- Which country have you always wanted to visit but not had the chance?
- Have you been sorted on Pottermore, and if so, which house are you in? And are you happy with your house?
- When is your favourite time to read? During the day or at night in bed?
- Do you have any books that you have more than one copy of?
- Have you ever bought a book just because you liked the cover?
I’m pretty new here and enjoyed doing this, so I’m going to nominate the following bloggers who I hope will enjoy answering my questions:
If I haven’t nominated you, but you feel like answering my questions, then please feel free to join in.