Thank you, icebreaker694 for nominating me for this. There seems to be a few variations going around, some with facts and questions, and some just questions. The number of questions and nominations also seems to vary too. Without further ado, here we go:
What does the word Liebster mean? Liebster is German for sweet, favorite and dearest. (aww).
The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers. It helps to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world!
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
3. Answer the questions assigned to you.
4. Give 10 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 10 deserving bloggers for the award.
6. Ask your nominees 10 new questions.
1. Any gamers out there? If so what’s your favorite game?
Sorry, not much of a gamer. I do play Asphalt 8 on my FireTV box, but that’s about it.
2. What book do you think deserves more hype than it usually gets?
The Honest Truth by Dan Gemeinhart.
I loved this book, and think everyone should read it.
3. If any of you can/is a writer, and you could only write one genre for the rest of your life, what genre and why?
I’m not a writer, but if I was then I’d love to write thrillers, especially ones with a good twist.
4. Besides YA what other types of books do you read?
I have very broad tastes. Other than YA I like thrillers, crime, horror, and contemporary. I’m not big on fantasy, but I’ll give most things a try.
5. Favorite book, go!
This is such a hard question, as I’m always finding new favourites.
Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda is a recent favourite.
6. Type master: are you a fast typer?
I’m not bad at typing. I’ve never counted my words per minute, but I do OK.
7. What song is stuck in your head right now?
Freemasons – Watchin’
It was on in the car when I was driving home.
8. Would you be a watcher or a player in the game NERVE?
I’d like to say Player, as I think I’d be bored otherwise, but it depends on what I’d have to do. lol.
9. What TV show do you watch the most?
Anything with Debra Messing – Will & Grace, The Starter Wife, The Mysteries of Laura.
10. What book do you think has too much hype?
The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. It was all the rage a few years ago, and a friend passed it around for everyone to read. I believe in positive thinking, but this just took it to the extreme. If you want something, you have to work for it. It doesn’t just come to you.
My 10 Random Facts
1. I used to play the piano. Sometimes I wish I still did, but I don’t have the space for one to enable me to keep it up.
2. I love chocolate, but I hate chocolate icecream. Is that weird?
3. I’m constantly losing my sunglasses. If you find a pair in Somerset, Benalmadena, Las Vegas, or Robin Hood’s Bay then they’re probably mine.
4. I’ve always wanted to visit Japan. Hopefully I will one day.
5. My favourite colour is green.
6. I can be seen in the background of a scene in the remake of The Italian Job.
7. I love to cook and have a large collection of cookery books.
8. I like Uwe Boll’s House of the Dead. Now there’s a confession.
9. I hate Brussels Sprouts. Who doesn’t though?
10. I’ve seen every episode of Gilmore Girls, and I’m gutted that I don’t have Netflix to see the new series.
My Questions For You
1. Which cancelled TV series would you like to see return?
2. What’s your favourite fast food?
3. Which author would you love to interview?
4. Which fictional place would you love to visit?
5. Which real destination would you love to visit?
6. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
7. Do you prefer the city or the countryside?
8. Which book would you love to have a sequel?
9. Do you bend over pages to keep your place or use a bookmark?
10. Do you have a cherished book that you would never get rid of? i.e. a signed or limited edition.
A lot of people seem to have done a few of these, so I nominate anyone that reads this and hasn’t done one before. Please let me know in the comments below if you are up for the challenge.